Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free phone number lookup?
Some kids found a driver's license he'll Bing to a man. Address is Waikoloa . Expires June, 2022. I am trying to locate a phone number online, and, as always, they all want to charge me. I'm not going to pay some uknown company, or anyone, to look up a phone number so I can call the guy and see if he wants me to mail it, or see if he has already replaced it. 
    Anyone know a "free" service that IS free to do this? Otherwise, I'll drop it in addressed envelope and just mail it.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Call the DMV?
On the drivers license application they ask for a phone number, but it’s optional.
If they won’t give you his phone number, perhaps you can give the DMV your phone number, so they can call the person, who can then call you?
Try messaging him on Facebook.

My sister's purse got stolen out of a car and somebody dumped all the contents (other than money and credit cards of course) into a blue PO box and they the PO has a procedure in place to return the items to the owner.
I'll try Facebook. I had figured maybe someone stole his wallet and just dumped the drivers license, since it wouldn't do the thief any good.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Here's a little anecdote.

One time I found a guy's wallet in the street. I found his number in the phone book but it had been disconnected, so I took it to the police station. They made me fill out a lengthy "found property" report.

Several months later I got a subpoena to testify in court. Inside the wallet the police found photographs of unconscious women in various states of undress and it led to a search warrant and bigger finds in his house. I never "went through" his wallet, I just put a rubber band around it and took it to the police station. The public defender called me as a witness because he was using a 4th amendment defense and if I didn't see the photographs then the police shouldn't have either according to his argument. The judge dismissed the argument and the evidence was allowed to stand for trial.