Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Once again BJ Penn brings shame to us all
Once again, conspiracy theorist BJ Penn, with his MAGA nonsense, brings shame to us all...

From.. https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/09/08...clamation/

After housing chief’s resignation, governor calls personal attacks against her ‘despicable

Which in part reads..

The governor’s housing chief has resigned amid growing controversy over an emergency proclamation on housing that some saw as a way to give developers more power to push through projects without addressing environmental or community concerns...

In a statement on Thursday, Gov. Josh Green called Medeiros a “truly compassionate person who has worked tirelessly to help create novel solutions to house the homeless and to build affordable homes in Hawaii — only to face a barrage of personal attacks in person and on social media.”

“The bullying tactics, with obvious violent undertones employed by Mr. Penn and his followers have no place in Hawaii and are absolutely contrary to our spirit of aloha for others,” the government continued, referring to former MMA fighter and Republican gubernatorial candidate BJ Penn.

The governor called vitriol directed at Medeiros personally “despicable.”
Does not surprise me in the least. They should publish in ALL media outlets everything Penn said - word for word.

Then remember that 20,000 people put an "X" by this guy's name for Governor.

If this is the new norm, Maui does not need to worry about some mainland or foreign developer making a land grab. It will just be destroyed by their very own.

Imagine where we would be right now if Penn was indeed the Governor of the State of Hawaii.
This thread is a bit one-sided at the moment, so just asking what Penn and his supporters did, said, or threatened. Don't get me wrong, I think Penn is a violent thug, and no need to quote things if they are as bad as implied. However, if someone could at least summarize what Penn et al said on social media it might help others with the context.
As you say Tom, Penn "is a violent thug," but with all due respect, I think that what Governor Green said says what needs to be said without specifically quoting what Penn said:

""The bullying tactics, with obvious violent undertones employed by Mr. Penn and his followers have no place in Hawaii and are absolutely contrary to our spirit of Aloha for others,” Green told the Star-Advertiser. “I won’t tolerate anyone from my team, or anyone in our state, being treated this way. It is despicable.”"

There are several YouTube videos of him verbally attacking Nani Medeiros at public meetings as well as anyone can look him up on the cesspool of disinformation "X" (formerly known as Twitter) and see for themselves what the violent thug said.

This Star Advertiser article says a little more - it was not behind a paywall when I posted it.

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2023/09/0...to-resign/

I would also add that while having a legal background, albeit in the copyright/patent areas of law, what I've seen and read could possibly be considered criminal.
Thanks. I'm still none the wiser I'm afraid, even after reading the star-advertiser article (and have to say it really lives up to its name of advertiser). I'm not on X, never will be, but I guess I can search it and figure things out when I have the time.

PS. I searched youtube but can't find the videos you mention. What exactly am I supposed to search for? Please email me the info if you don't want to post it here.
I really like a MAGA thug!
so just asking what Penn and his supporters did, said, or threatened
----------
Oddly, I know, but I am agreeing with TomK. I see nothing anywhere about Penn that ties him to the resignation. It is almost like the quote is about something else entirely. I fact, all I have heard about this proclamation has been that the usual Sierra Club type groups have filed a lawsuit to stop it. I just don't see Penn as being a part of those types of folks.
https://www.civilbeat.org/2023/09/hawaii...resigning/

"The governor specifically pointed to comments made by BJ Penn, a professional fighter and failed gubernatorial candidate who confronted Medeiros during a recent public meeting, calling himself her “boss” and saying, “You don’t talk to your boss like that.”

"Penn stepped up his attacks on Medeiros this week by going after her boyfriend, falsely accusing him and his family’s business, M. Watanabe Electrical Contractor Inc., of getting state contracts through Green and Medeiros. "

"M. Watanabe Electrical Contractor and Ryan Watanabe have never received a state contract, according to the State Procurement Office website."
AaronS posted some good embedded links to what Penn said. Also on YouTube there are several recent good clips of Penn and Tulsi Gabbard babbling their nonsense on Joe Rogan’s podcast. 

Can you imagine this thug punk as the Governor?

Let’s also not forget that just after the housing director’s appointment, State Senator Kurt Fevella made an ass out of himself by making deeply offensive statements about Medeiros and after Green filed an harassment claim against him he made another ass out of himself on the Senate floor having to publicly apologize for his remarks.
Sorry to say this, but sticks and stones are not a valid reason to vacate such a position. It is a lay blame distraction from a greater truth.