Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Business coming to Pahoa
For all the reasons terracore just stated, I'm convinced the concept of a restaurant is essentially dying. It's just getting to the point where it isn't worth it, for the owner, or the customer. I personally have nearly stopped eating out almost entirely. Maybe once a month because my wife insists on some sort of date night, we still go to some happy hour, and I consistently feel like I just didn't get out of it what I paid for.
(01-30-2024, 08:52 PM)dobanion Wrote: For all the reasons terracore just stated, I'm convinced the concept of a restaurant is essentially dying. It's just getting to the point where it isn't worth it, for the owner, or the customer. I personally have nearly stopped eating out almost entirely. Maybe once a month because my wife insists on some sort of date night, we still go to some happy hour, and I consistently feel like I just didn't get out of it what I paid for.

The future is food trucks.  Lower rent and family-run.  The laws don't require one to pay their family members money, barter, or benefits, or to enforce child labor laws.

In September last year I visited family in Oregon and there was a big parking lot that used to be shared by 3 restaurants.  All the restaurants were closed and the parking lot had several food trucks.  One of the restaurants had been converted to a business selling legal weed but the other buildings were all closed up.