Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Airlines Considering Hawaii Flights
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...INESSFRONT

Southwest planning Hawai'i flights

Southwest Airlines said it is working to get a "solution" for Hawai'i service that with a little luck will be in place by the end of 2009.

Airline customers haven't been able to book flights to Hawai'i through the airline since early April. That was when ATA Airlines, which had a code-sharing arrangement with Southwest and carried its passengers to Hawai'i, went bankrupt and shut down operations.

Yesterday Southwest executives told investors on a conference call that the airline was working hard on a "Hawaiian solution" and that it hoped to have something executed by the end of next year. The company earlier this month said it had agreed to form an alliance with Canada's WestJet by the end of 2009. WestJet flies to Hawai'i, Mexico and the Caribbean.
--
that would be great news especially since their west coast hub is in oakland.

noel
According to Southwest Airlines, they have no plans to fly to Hawaii. What they are doing is looking for an airline that flies to Hawaii and set up a code share like they had with ATA. They are talking with Westjet (who flies to Hawaii) to code share but Westjet only flies to Hawaii from Vancouver.