Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank ATM Malfunction
I'm curious if anyone used a ATM that malfunctioned and withdrew money
out of your account. But didn't give you your money. That's what happened when I used the Kona Safeway BoH ATM. It withdrew 260.00 out of my account after I tried twice to withdraw money (It said I reached my daily limit twice). I called up BoH and they confirmed the ATM malfunctioned and was repaired after I used it.

I've already filed a claim with my local bank. But the lady said it may be weeks before I get my money back Sad
I just got word today that my account got credited what was taken out
by that malfunctioning BoH ATM.
Long ago a friend of mine worked on developing the ATM machines. Apparently they are defaulted to not giving money as opposed to giving too much money. They may on occasion NOT give you the money but they will NEVER give you too much money. All this was long ago technology, though, *gasp* before the internet, even, so perhaps they've managed to change the ATMs so they give out extra as often as they with hold?

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
I'm glad it worked out!
As a side note, I only use my own bank's ATM's, unless I'm out of state. Much easier if there's a problem I would think, to deal with your own bank, their machine, no third party bank.
quote:
Originally posted by Hotzcatz

Long ago a friend of mine worked on developing the ATM machines. Apparently they are defaulted to not giving money as opposed to giving too much money. ..

I am glad they are not designed to follow the NASDAQ [Smile]