Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Acres vs. Orchid Land
I am thinking of buying a lot in one of these two and having a hard time deciding which. I driven the neighborhoods many times and last summer got into a bidding war on a lot on 6th in Hawaiian Acres. If you live in one of the two neighborhoods what do you like & dislike about it. I know the basics already like the road conditions. Does it flood a lot in Hawaiian Acres? I keep seeing lots listed with "ocean & mountain views" I didn't see any lots that seemed as if you could get a view. Is the Hawaiian Acres-Ainaloa Rd still open?

Soon to be a Hawaii resident !!
Atlanta/Pahoa
Hi Punagirl,
I am building a house in Fern Acres. My Dad lives in Hawaiian Acres, and likes it. I have only been here since Dec. 2004, so take my observations with a grain of salt. Many of my opinion's are based on my dad's 20 yrs. here too. First, yes the road is open, you may be able to find the article about it in the Hilo Hawaii Tribune website. Flooding will be an issue to discover from lot to lot, doesn't matter which subd. (walk the lot if possible, look at the lay of the land). Most of Orchidland looks like they have elec., where as Hawaiian Acres some do most don't. The highway to Orchidland/Pahoa seems to me a lot busier than the one to Hawaiian Acres/Mtn. View. Hope that answered some of your Q's.
Mahalo,
Kevin