Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel Of Fortune starts taping this Friday
Well I'm bummed. It sounds like they treat the audience like nothing more than cattle. Actually less than cattle because they at least give cattle a place to eat! Sounds to me like it's a waste of time and gas money.
They have three new contestants each time, they don't save the winner from the time before. There is a lot of sheer chance involved in this. It seems about a thirty percent chance you will spin to an unusable slot on the wheel (bankrupt, miss a turn, etc.) and then you also have a chance of picking a letter that isn't up on the board and then your turn ends. So even if you are good at solving the puzzle (one fellow managed to get two puzzles on very little information) it still has to be your turn to do it and that's a chancy thing.

On the second taping, one contestant from Lanai managed to hit the one slot on the wheel which wins two million dollars. She even then picked a letter that was up on the board so she got to pick up the two million dollar tab off the wheel. The host fellow Pat told her not to think about it too much (she seemed like she didn't know if she should be jumping up and down like a crazy person or what), put the tab down and spin the wheel. So she did and immediately hit "bankrupt" so she had the two million dollars for something like six seconds. The wheel then hit "bankrupt" for the next three spins and wiped everyone out so they all had to start over.

They will be airing the shows right after the elections, starting somewhere around November 4th or 5th on through to when ever they are done with the Hawaii shows.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Thanks,Hotzcatz.
Any idea as to when this will air?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Aloha all. I was on the 5th show and yes those were my students in the crowd from HPA. I can not talk about if I won or not, but it was a cool experience. I can not tell you about the crowd situation, but by the end, only about half the crowd was left. For me, it was an awesome experience that I will remember forever. My show is on November 11. All the shows will begin airing on November 5. Thanks to all who supported me in my ventures. I hope some of you will have better crowd experiences than others because it really is a great opportunity for everyone and our island.

Chris
Chris
Sorry ALL your kids couldn't stay until your show, Chris. It would have been great to see a whole red HPA tee shirt audience out there. We hung around as long as we could but it was a long drive home. The cattle drivers were getting really nervous when your kids left en masse when it became apparent you wouldn't be on the next taping. There was something about a bus and having to be picked up by their parents at a certain time. I'm guessing the show folks purposely kept you until the last taping since there would then be at least a portion of your supporters who would stick around and they needed as many "cattle" as possible.

I didn't get any "aloha" feel from the WOF folks. Not any acknowledgment of humanity for the cattle drives but maybe that's Hollywood for ya.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
The Tribune Herald has an article on the tapings in today's paper.

The online version didn't list the contestants names or the days they were to appear on TV, so I put them on my blog.

It looks like there are quite a few people from PUNA who will be on TV.

Congratulations to those of you made the show (Chrisloo).

Complete list of contestants Here

-------
My Blog