Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! I'm new!
My husband and I are currently in escrow on a Hpp property. My last task is to find a job there so escrow will close. I am in the interview process at Hilo Medical Center ( I am a nurse- Director of Nursing , but will do just about any aspect of nursing to get there. We are so excited to be relocating from the outrageus propert prices here in San Diego. Tis is our first home and we will be coming over with 2 boys 15 yrs and 9 yrs and a bischon named Ipo.I belong to the Konaeb forum and saw this link on a post there. I wanted to say hello to my future Puna neighbors and make friends here. If all goes well, I will be there in Dec with furniture and car and big dreams for a simple, slow paced life . My husband is an attorney and will be sitting for the bar exam there next year and hopefully find gainful employment. We look forward to meeting folks- so far everyone we've met has been very warm and friendly.
malama pono!
Kathi H

Aloha Kathy. My husband and I bought land in Glenwood (between Mt View and Volcano) on the mountain outside Hilo. We too left San Diego. Not only are prices insane but so are the crowds. No room to breathe there! People are behaving like overcrowded rats in a cage....

I am a nurse but don't work. Hubby is a teacher and will be continuing to work in California for two years before he retires. My job is to get a home built so I travel between Calif and Hawaii.

Know that the commute in from HPP is wicked in the mornings. About 8000 households, most of whom have to make it into Hilo.

I know you will be needed here. Just be patient and the right position will find you. It could take a little time but things here tend to settle where they belong.

Schools here are really different so ask lots of questions. It will be a great adventure. Good luck to you all.

Pam

May you live in interesting times.
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Aloha and Welcome Kathi H

My husband I are also in escrow on a property in Hawaiian Beaches. We hope to make our final relocation in January.

We have no children but are bringing our two scottish terriers and one cat. All have cleared the required quarantine requirements.

There seems to be a need for nurses on the BI. I have been watching the HI Tribune, America's Job Bank, Careerbuilder, West HI Today, Hotjobs, and Monster for 8 months now. Konaweb has been a terrific resource for us also. I am not in the profession but I think you will find employment.

My husband and I will also be seeking employment when we arrive. We have marketable skills and are confident we will find our niche.

Good luck in your search.

quote:
My husband and I are currently in escrow on a Hpp property. My last task is to find a job there so escrow will close. I am in the interview process at Hilo Medical Center ( I am a nurse- Director of Nursing , but will do just about any aspect of nursing to get there. We are so excited to be relocating from the outrageus propert prices here in San Diego. Tis is our first home and we will be coming over with 2 boys 15 yrs and 9 yrs and a bischon named Ipo.I belong to the Konaeb forum and saw this link on a post there. I wanted to say hello to my future Puna neighbors and make friends here. If all goes well, I will be there in Dec with furniture and car and big dreams for a simple, slow paced life . My husband is an attorney and will be sitting for the bar exam there next year and hopefully find gainful employment. We look forward to meeting folks- so far everyone we've met has been very warm and friendly.
malama pono!
Kathi H

frank battaglia
Hello Kathi. My name is Gary. My wife and I are in the process of buying house in HPP, very close to 25th street. We were there for 5 days scouting houses,finding a lender, we found a beautiful house. My wife cried when we had to come back to Santa Monica, california. We had to return to our job as HUD Senior citizen housing managers, we are 50 years old. We are also seeking a job so we can go back to 'paradise'. Untill then we plan to rent home out for about 6 months. As we know no one over there perhaps we could meet up one day. We are British, very young at heart. Hope you found employment, wishing you well. G & J.

Hey Kathy! Hope things are going well! My family is planning a move to the Hilo/Puna area this summer. I was wondering how things are going at Hilo Medical Center. I am currently working as an ER RN with 2 yrs experience. Any info about the facility, work environment, $, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! I have found an ongoing ad for ER RN's but have had no luck with specifics. I have yet to apply for my HI license, thus I can not submit a formal application. Would you happen to know of anyone in HR or ER that I could contact? Thanks so much for your time,
Wendy

Aloha, my name is Joshua and I work at Hilo Medical Center in the Psych unit. I just floated to ER the other day and sounds like they are pretty desperate for nurses..I'm an LPN (LVN) and they're only hiring RN's. www.hhsc.org is the website to check for jobs. As far as the environment at HMC, I've heard the ER can be quite political and backstabbing but I think that may be ER's in general (I worked 5 years in an ER in California) When I floated, there were a few dramas going between the nurses but nothin big. Both Doctors I worked with seemed quite nice and helpful (not much of that in California ER's) I've found most doctors here much nicer and more friendly compared to California. Anywayz, if ya have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me at soundhlr@hotmail.com

Joshua