Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll Issues
Sounds like that were some issues at the Keonepoko Elementary SchoolĂ˝ polling place this morning when the Chair Person would not let the Republican poll watchers do their job. But it was resolved after a time. I hope to have detail later.

Damon or someone else might already have them, if so please post them up.

I am reading about others issues around the country, buy so far they have not been the disasters that have been predicted.

Lets hope it stays that way.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
We heard a police siren this morning, must've been for this...
We were just down there to vote. All was quiet and not-too-busy there, no long lines so no excuses there! ;-)

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."
quote:
Originally posted by Jon

Sounds like that were some issues at the Keonepoko Elementary SchoolĂ˝ polling place this morning when the Chair Person would not let the Republican poll watchers do their job. But it was resolved after a time. I hope to have detail later.

Damon or someone else might already have them, if so please post them up.

Haven't heard of anything like that out of Keonepoko.

Did just blog about this reporter getting tossed from the Hilo Precinct.

-------
My Blog
wonder what she was thinking...

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
The reporter remarks, "...the majority of the people...ran from us. Why...were they so afraid to show their feelings about the elections?"

The answer, I think has a lot to do with is political position is a very personal thing, right up there with religious belief. At least that's the way I was brought up. The reporter also apparently did not understand the law, and the shy voters might have been thinking they wanted to stay clear of a crime in progress.

I was offered a "sample" ballot to study while I waited on line by two ladies in my polling site's parking lot. When I looked at it, I realized there were candidate names of only ONE party printed on the ballot. What's wrong with that picture?

I hope they put the kaibash on all these flim-flams by tomorrow morning when the polls open for the Dems to vote. There's no call for that. Also, I heard the county jail is over capacity tonight from all the arrests of voters who had unpaid traffic tickets, warrants, and delinquent child support payments.
quote:
I hope they put the kaibash on all these flim-flams by tomorrow morning when the polls open for the Dems to vote. There's no call for that. Also, I heard the county jail is over capacity tonight from all the arrests of voters who had unpaid traffic tickets, warrants, and delinquent child support payments.

[V][Sad]

WOW.
quote:
Originally posted by swys
I heard the county jail is over capacity tonight from all the arrests of voters who had unpaid traffic tickets, warrants, and delinquent child support payments.
The jail is always full of those type arrests. Amazingly, the largest group, by far, are illegal immigrants and not legal voters. Possibly even a large majority but I would have to double check on that.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Mahalo to all the volunteers at the Pahoa Community Center polling area.

They all were gracious and polite. Although I got in quickly and out - I heard they dealt with bigger crowds earlier in the day.

They even were very polite with my other very young nephew who wanted to take a pic of his auntie voting! (he was missing the "kids vote" at his school while he visited us so I took him with me to vote!)