Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Grooming????
I am looking for a dog groomer. I looked in the phone book and online and the two numbers that were still in service rang and rang. Finally I got a voice mail at Su Lin Kennels. They have not called me back after 24 hours so I am asking here... anyone know a good groomer????

I have a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and she does not need a lot of trimming, just nails and her feet need attention as well as a good bath after two months since her grooming in CA before we moved here. I am willing to drive a distance if she can be done in a few hours so I do not have to drive both ways twice. I prefer not to have to the brown side (Kona), but I would be willing to go to Volcano or S. Puna if I have to. We live just north of Hilo. I will be in Waimea on Saturday too.

Thanks!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
i was hoping that craig's (from element's) partner, jared, would start up his dog grooming business. maybe try giving him a call at his salon or email him and ask if jared would do it on the side?

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

I know Amy Wong at Su Lin Kennels. Groomers have to fit people in. She also feeds pets so has to be out of pocket at times.
hey Devany
let me talk to my partner, we have 3 cockers, and my parnter had his own grooming buis. We have been talking about starting a home grooming and delivery. We are trying to figure out how to screen peoples animals, we reall dont want people who dont take care of their animals well, such as flea control. we dont want to infect our property or our dogs. So let me talk to him about it. Give me a call 936-4646
Craig

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
Bar King Kennels did my dog when we lived there. We had a standard poodle a lot of work and they did a nice job on him and were very reasonable at the time.
I've met Devany's dog and she is a real sweetheart who has probably never encountered a flea in her life! (Can we say pampered pet without offending?) I think this would be a safe client who won't bring anything bad to share with your pets.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Thanks everyone. And Carol, yes, you can say pampered pet without offending. You are right, Valentine has never even seen a flea in her five years. She is a bit pampered, but also a best buddy of the ultimate kind. Amy Wong did give me a call today and left me a voice mail. Craig, we are probably out of your zone for pick up and delivery, we live 2 miles north of downtown Hilo. But it sure sounds like your partner would be a great groomer for discriminating clients. As I said earlier, I don't mind driving a bit if I can get her done while I wait. I prefer that anyway. I do not like the kind of groomers where you drop them off early in the am and they call you 4-6 hours later to let you know that the dog is ready, meaning that they have been sitting in a kennel for 2-5 hours. Cavaliers do not need a lot of trimming, but I really hate to do her nails and I like the way she looks when she has been properly groomed and has a good "Blow Dry"... Hey what woman doesn't like a good blow dry???

Aline I did not see Bar King Kennels listed under groomers in the phone book. I hesitate to take her to a Kennel for the same reason Craig's partner wants to screen clients.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! My husband just said, "Hey this is Hawaii, let her go natural!"

Cheap buggah!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
Bar King Kennel phone is 808-966-8733. They are also the only certified quarantine station on the big island so I assume they have been inspected. It was very clean when I was there. They do have a web site so I assume they are still in business. I spent 18 yrs as a vet tech so I know how attached people get to their pets and I am no exception. I now have another standard poodle after I lost my old one and he is a valued member of the family. Hope you find someone who does a good job
I am not sure that Bar King has a groomer on staff anymore. We always board our dogs there while we travel....they are the best. And, they are able to clip the nails of our chihuahua whenever she stays there. Her nails grow like crazy, and being only four pounds..she does not wear them down while walking on pavement. We get our poodle mix groomed at Roxie's in HPP. We do not look for anything fancy...just a clip, etc. We are always happy with Roxie's work and she does the job within an hour to an hour and a half.