Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ozone generator
Anyone knows anything about an ozone generator and where to get them? How are the ozone generator compared to UV system? Thanks

canhle
canh Le
Looked into pool ozone generators a few years ago on the mainland for our pool.... they were energy hogs even there... My interest in them was peaked when the Shedd Aquarium (where I dove) started using them a couple of decades ago....

They are different from UV, in that they use a static discharge to generate O3 (much like lightening does... that is the storm fresh smell) that is bubbled into the water
I used to regularly stay at a hotel in downtown Mexico City that had an enormous ozone machine in the basement that purified all the water that came into the building. Guests could safely drink the tapwater in the rooms, and I never heard of anyone getting sick. They were so proud of the machinery that they regularly invited guests down to look at it and get an explanation of how it worked in Spanish, English, or German.

Cheers,
Jerry
remember that if you think "free radicals" are bad for you, ozone is very poisonous, which, of course, is why it kills stuff in water.
I don't think all of those times I was lost in it did too much damage. Or if it did, I can't tell.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.