Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last nites quake
Felt it big time here in Puna Beach Palisades near Kehena. I actually "heard" it first - like a gong sound or a low vibrational bell. That must've been the first one that some are describing. Then within seconds "Bam!" - the wave hit the house like a truck, then was done.
Between that and the high winds taking out our tarp "carport" -it was a sleepless rest of the night.

Peace - Anna
Never knew it happened @ HPP Makuu/6th.
Sleep is something I do really well Smile

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
James... it must be nice to be able to sleep like a baby!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.travelingfork.blogspot.com
Dr. Weatherford,

Got you beat. I not only slept through that earthquake (in Hawaiian Beaches) but, earlier that night, a huge tree was blown down about 50 feet from my bedroom window and I never noticed.

I didn't even wake up when the police came and chopped it into pieces with machetes and hauled it off the street it was blocking (as reported by my neighbor).

Think maybe I'd better hire someone to stay awake and watch me when I sleep because, when I'm unconscious I'm really unconscious.
Janet,

That sounds like my daughter, she can go 100 miles an hour for 12 hours, on the 13th she crashes so hard you cannot wake her. I used to have to pick her up under her arms and walk her around for a few minutes to get her up for school.

Meanwhile, I wake up with the slightest noise and then cannot go back to sleep.

You take the cake, with trees falling, earthquakes and police in your yard! Ah... it is the true Hawaiian gift, to seep in peace.

quote:
Originally posted by janet

Dr. Weatherford,

Got you beat. I not only slept through that earthquake (in Hawaiian Beaches) but, earlier that night, a huge tree was blown down about 50 feet from my bedroom window and I never noticed.

I didn't even wake up when the police came and chopped it into pieces with machetes and hauled it off the street it was blocking (as reported by my neighbor).

Think maybe I'd better hire someone to stay awake and watch me when I sleep because, when I'm unconscious I'm really unconscious.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.travelingfork.blogspot.com
Can't believe I missed it. Dang rain woke me though and disturbed my sleep for most of the night. I know that sounds strange, but we were finally dry enough to get some earthwork done yesterday and the rain triggered my thinking - George won't work tomorrow.
Sophie said she suspected the quake from the way the wire fence shook and rattled.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
I didn't feel a thing either - you would think I would have, considering I am from Illinois where the last earthquake was front page news for a week! lol
Nelli

Life is too short to stress about the small stuff! Aloha!
Life is too short to stress about the small stuff! Aloha!
felt it really good in leilani estates ,nice lil jolt then a real good one

RUDEDOGG
RUDEDOGG