Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet rabbits
I've seen rabbits roaming the streets of HPP.
"I've seen rabbits roaming the streets of HPP."

Weren’t they brought in to keep the brown snakes under control?
All animals coming from the mainland have to come as cargo, because they have to go through the ag routine and inspections. No amimals can travel in cargo from June through August because of high temps.

Craig is right on about the costs. They are real! I cannot imagine a rabbit that is worth that much, but those that love their babies are to be respected, no matter what the species.

quote:
Originally posted by lostboystoy

Your biggest obsticle will be getting an acclimation statement for them to travel above 94 degrees, check with the airlines.
I know you love your rabbits but keep in mind rabbits are prone to heart attacks, I dont want to scare you but the travel can be rather stressfull.

We came over with 6 dogs and a Blue and gold Macaw our totall cost was 12 thousand from start to finish to get them here.

your rabbits should be small enough to get checked as baggage or carry on. they shouldnt have to go cargo.

good luck

setting my soul free....

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
Came across this pet relocation company, located in Kailua-Kona, they might be able to answer some of your questions about your pet rabbits[Smile] (http://akonapet.com/Home_Page.php)
Thank you everyone for your responses about my rabbits traveling to Hawaii. I have followed up on some of the resources. Our rabbits are very precious to us and I would rather not move than to leave them behind or risk their safety. They would not be able to travel in cargo unless it was temperature controlled and I know that not all airlines control the temp in cargo. The price may be a factor too. I was counting on several thousand but not over $10,000. It would be giving up a dream to move to the big island but I could not let the animals down. Thanks to all. Any other ideas are appreciated. Debby