Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCUBA Sunday - Sunday March 1st - BEACH Day!
devaney: we are bringing a small hibachi/grill--nothing fancy.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Judy & I plan on going,

Will bring $20, dive gear, kayak and some food. If there are enough divers, maybe a couple or few of us could do a dive at Leleiwi?
Joey & Bonnie will be there - bringing Dick & Deb - newbies - at least to Scuba Sunday - will arrive after Sunday Service!

If my grill works (gas) I'll bring it - along with canopy and "little gray wagon"!

We always need extra chairs!

Aloha!

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
Hear that Scott??? Bring your gear dude!!

Wes: I know from the other board that a few others will be diving. I think there will be several of us this time around to take the plunge. Should be fun and I am looking forward to this.

Aloha,
Andrew

quote:
Originally posted by Wes

If there are enough divers, maybe a couple or few of us could do a dive at Leleiwi?

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
It all depends on my leg but Bob and I plan on a short visit... hope to see you guys.
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Just talked to Andrew; he is at the beach. Temp is between 70 and 80, sun out but a little overcast, water is rough. Group is considering a practice session for diving from a dive kayak. Hope you join us!

I won't be able to stay long but I will be down to prove I lived through this so far!

Pam

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Came back early; it was lovely down at the beach. What a great spot for my first outing post surgery. Hope you all had fun down there... Pam

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Well the weather cooperated again today. As Carey says there must be a hole over Richardson's where the sun always shines. We had one shower that lasted only about a minute or two but mostly sun.

It was great to see Pam on her feet again and out to join the fun. She even, at one point, was chasing me for some wise-crack I made. Way-to-go Pam for being on your feet again so soon. Amazing!

We had a nice group for today's meeting including several new faces as well as many familiar ones. The food was wonderful. My favorite was the cream cheese stuffed lychee which was very tasty.

The ocean conditions were pretty rough with some monster sets which made getting in and out of the water a bit crazy but Wes and David made a dive and lived to tell the tale.

Stay tuned for a few photos of the event.

Aloha,
Andrew

Group photo here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/divehilo/ scroll half way down page.

Andrew

we had a wonderful picnic/bbq and meeting some of you for the first time. mahalo for welcoming us into your "dive/snorkel 'ohana." can't say that i'm much of a beach bunny although we lived just a block from the white sandy beaches of kailua, o'ahu. renee just might like to snorkel the next time.

the food was tasty with bbq'd chicken and sausages. renee especially enjoyed devaney's cole slaw and "mom" devoured her brownie. can't say it's easy getting her to eat much of anything, but give her some sweets and there's no problem. lol. wish i coulda had some of the devil eggs, but no can do with having high cholesterol. i found the pulled pork (devaney) and long rice (noel?) dishes delicious.

andrew, glad you liked the lychee (however it's pronounced liz. lol.) with cream cheese. it's a local concoction. some people put a macadamia nut in it as well.

for those of you who are in wheelchairs or have difficulties walking, it's easy enough to drive your vehicle down to the area for a quick drop-off (suggested by pam and bob). upon departing, that's exactly what we did.

noel: not sure if we can commit to the "foodies" group. in our excitement, we forgot that mom is our first obligation and goes everywhere with us. we try not to be away from home for more than 4-5 hours at a time (including traveling time).

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james