Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volcano monitoring: That's CRAZY!!!!
Here is another examination of volcano monitoring from Time.com.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/...69,00.html
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Great link, Rob!
And yet another point in question is why did they allow the rebuilding of New Orleans with out raising the land above sea level??? That place is ripe for another scene of destruction and most of it has not even been rebuilt yet.

Carol is right, that many places in the US have disaster possibilities. And I agree 100% with her about the "Gov" receiving funding and then negatiing its importance when it comes to other kinds of natural disasters.

Carol... come to think of it, I agree with EVERYTHING you said and at risk of getting this thread locked for being non-hawaiian ... Jendal really does need a new speech writer and some lessons on delivery. He is much better when questioned live, a total opposite of that "Alaska Queen" who bumbled every question thrown to her.

quote:
Originally posted by csgray

The money isn't going to replace houses wiped out by the volcano, it is going to maintain and replace equipment which would allow USGS to tell all those people living in the path of destruction to get out while the getting is good. Just like the National weather service does when there are hurricanes, tornadoes, flood risk or blizzards. Every place in the country has some risk factor for natural disasters. For the governor of one state, which is the beneficiary of exactly that type of federally funded natural disaster monitoring, to then criticize the funding of monitoring for a different natural disaster his state doesn't happen to have, is just self serving and his comments made him sound completely ignorant about geology.

Jindal has a reputation as being one of the bright young stars of the Republican party. If he is going to make a national name for himself he needs to fire his speech writer and find a way to make amends with all the citizens of Alaska, Oregon, Washington, N. California, and Hawaii who had never heard of him before this, and now think he is clueless about their concerns.

Carol

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com