Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Hardware Shenanigans
As long as the locally owned chain can get away with not bringing their sales flier out on Wednesday (senior citizen day) they will continue to do so. Only when they get serious competition, that affects their sales will they alter the way they do business!
They should honour the online dated sales circular.
David,

The guys @ Hilo Ace told me ( a few weeks ago ) you can order anything from online store get it shipped to the local store for free.

aloha,
pog
we were thinking about ordering from their online store awhile back and were told by the keaau store manager that we would have to pay for shipping.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

I was told, if its on the ace website, shipping is free..... hmmmmmm.....
<<shrugs shoulders>>

i dunno. bert, the store manager at the time, was going to order the item for us online (not a regularly stocked item)to be delivered to the keaau store.

things that make you go, "hmmmmmmmmm."

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Back and forth, back and forth, is shipping free or not etc., but the basic issue remains that it's all about having to go online for sales information that everyone else advertises via inserts, but it's done with a starting and ending date for the sale, and it's put in the paper in time for people to read it and plan their shopping schedule, and, to the best of my understanding and belief, ACE refuses to comply with the decent thing to do because their marketing cynics came up with senior citizen day as a way of showing people their empathy for the geezers, and then they stiff them with sales inserts that are late and incomplete in order to keep their "bottom line" up. Geezers such as myself have a resistance to going online for every little thing and I for one would either do without or pay more somewhere else rather than help these creeps with their "bottom line".
If you know Wednesday is "Senior Citizen's Day"; Why can't you just do your hardware shopping on Wednesday?

punatoons