Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV repair
Anyone know where I can get a "reasonably priced" repair my Sony 60 inch rear projection TV. The "Light engine" needs to be replaced (screen has become pixilated with tiny blue dots). I called sears where I bought it 5 years ago (waranty ran out) and they want $2000.00 to repair it. I told them I could buy a brand new state of the art 60" LED for that price.
Little off topic Makuu, but if the picture goes completely out on one of those rear projection TVs, Is there something simple to fix then or is it the same problem as you're facing with your TV? I'm asking only because a friend of mine lost all the picture on hers.

Royall

If the whole picture goes out....then 9 times out of ten its very simple to repair. The bulb blew. Very easy to change and the price of the bulb is about $100.00. If you have Sears do it....it's about $500.00.
I grew up surrounded by Sears products. Mostly Sears tools. Those days are over. The quality is just not there. The prices are usually not competitive. Their refund policies are abysmal. And worst (at least here on the BI) their repair department is as slow as mud and extremely expensive.

Sears is "married" to KMART. That explains a lot.

Please don't pee on my leg and then try to tell me that it is raining.
Thanks Makuu maybe I'll take my meter and a few tools over and have a look at her TV.

Royall