Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Container from Oahu to Hilo
Hi All,

I am planning on shipping a 20' container from Oahu to Hilo sometime in the next month or so. I won't be filling it up so I was wondering if anyone wanted to share part of the container with me? I know that the email function doesn't always work so my email address is: dsharp79@gmail.com

I will be sending household items. Thanks for looking!

dean
Instead of shipping a 20'container, you could look into shipping a couple of G-Vans instead of an entire 20' container. I think a G-Van is about 8' x 8' x 8' and shipping them inter-island is pretty cheap. I think it is less than a couple of hundred dollars each.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
I thought about it but there are items that are too long for the G-van. Thanks for the suggestion though.

dean
I am curious about the inter island cost for a 20' container. Can you let us know?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I'm going to load it at the dock in Honolulu and unload at the dock here in Hilo, so the shipping cost is $549.77 including the taxes, wharfage charges and fuel surcharge (although they said that the fuel surcharge is now zero). So that should be the total cost.

I had brought over a 40' container when I moved here last January (2008) and it was not quite double the cost plus I had trucking fees on both sides.

dean
The sail date will be October 31st. I am planning on loading it on Friday the 30th. Should arrive in Hilo on Monday the 2nd or Tuesday the 3rd. If anyone is interested email me. dsharp79@gmail.com