Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Line Drawing Guy
Let's see....it was October 2008, and there was a stout young man at the Hilo Farmer's Market who does very detailed line drawings that are in a style that I think of as "pointilliste", you know.....little tiny points that create an image. He did images of the Japanese Garden in Hilo, of monstera leaves, that sort of thing. I bought a couple of his drawings(they were very reasonable --the framing was more expensive) and put them on the wall of the bedroom at Hale Lavalava.

A guest has expressed an interest in acquiring similar drawings but I don't know if this young man is still going to the Farmer's Markets or whether or not he has an online presence.

Do you know the guy I am talking about?

http://www.vrbo.com/205423
He's usually at the Makuu Farmers Market on Sunday and the Hilo Farmer's Market on Sat.
His artwork is fantastic! Such great detail!!

mary blonde
Live Aloha
STANLEY!!!![8D]

punatoons
Thank you, Mary and thank you Greg! Stanley! -- Big, quiet, doodling guy! If he has a card, could you please pick one up for me?
When staying at Glen's VRBO last year, we also admired Stanley's work and found him at the Makuu Farmer's market. In a fit of organization never to be repeated, I kept his info sheet with the drawing.

Stanley Rillon Jr. 808-756-4423
stanrillon@yahoo.com

Laura
Bless you, Laura! Thank you so much! And thank you for staying at Hale Lavalava! I hope your dream is beginning to take shape...I will pass this on to my guest!