Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barter Labor for Hawaii stay
Once again, I humbly come to the Punaweb well of knowledge to seek insight.

Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as building our house (see Ninole Progress thread), drywall will be all hung in next couple of days, moving on to finishing. If all goes well, I'd like to conclude the county inspection process by end of April. Of course passing final doesn't mean all the work is done (but will probably mean funds are pretty exhausted). Many here also know that when ready, I hope to use the property as a vacation rental (2 bedroom suites).
So I'm wondering how I can best get the rest of the work done after passing final and without budget to hire help. I'm considering offering an exchange of lodging for work. There would be a variety of tasks ranging from construction clean up, landscaping, decorating, furniture moving, etc. My question is what is an appropriate exchange of hours of work for a week's lodging? Would 20/25 hours in exchange for 6 days/nights be appropriate? I'm guessing this might be in the May/June timeframe.

Any thoughts, questions, discussion would be appreciated.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Hey David,
I was just sending you a message from your other thread Ninole in progress and then I saw this one. Like I said earlier I just met your friends recently on Myspace Aimee Punagirl and Bob. She said yall are great folks. if you will figure out what works for you I would happily exchange work for lodging in July when we are coming over to see Dr Lozano in Pahoa to see about going to work with thim and eventually taking over that practice. I would love to help you out as much as possible and get to know you as well. My wife and I have been meeting so many wonderful and kind people in the past few months online that are helping us in our goal to move over and really enjoy life in a more laid back slower pace environment. Just let me know and we would be happy to trade you. How far are you from Pahoa? Anyway if you get time email me with any thoughts on work for lodging at www.jeromejohn@hotmail.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Dr David

See David M, even from afar I am still the cruise social director Smile David, meet David, David meet David.
Jeromejohn,Ninole is a loooooong drive to Pahoa but it might be cool for part of the stay. David & Sophie's house has the most magnificent view. It is so quite and peaceful. Even if the barter doesn't work you need to drop by and meet them (and Jack & Ruby - the dogs) and see the view.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa