Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Lava Birds"
Bright, bright orange (canaries, parakeets?) spotted about a month ago on the grass near Downtown Pahoa. Super, super orange.. every centimeter. Did anyone else notice them?
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
I have been seeing a lot more of what I thought were Saffron Finches this summer (never bothered to check them any further...) but they are very peachy orangey, so maybe they are not SFs...

I have noticed Frigate birds flying about Puna since the hurricane...I am fairly sure I have never seen them before around my house in Keaau town, until this last month, and I have seen them in Kapoho & Hilo town
Before the Hurricane, so more than a month, I guess.
I found a site that lists birds that contain the color orange (the site can also be searched for other characteristics) http://www.whatbird.com/browse/objs/all/...068/orange

The title of this thread sounds like a take on "Snow Birds." I thought it was going to be about people migrating away from the lava!

><(((*< ~~~~ ><(("< ~~~~ ><('< ~~~~ >(>
^^Thoughtt he same. I expected this thread to new about people flying here just to see the lave
....in other news, the ants on concrete near my garden have turned red , from green. They don't bite though ... yet.

& yeh, I should have put "bright orange finches in downtown pahoa" in the subject line, it may have rung more bells.