Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii's economy improving?
Economists: Hawaii's Turnaround Faster
Council On Revenues Say State To Have $150M More

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37391185

The state's top economists said that tax collections predicted to be down 2.5 percent have actually increased slightly.

The Council on Revenues changed its forecast to give the state about $150 million more in its treasury in the upcoming year.

University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization professor Carl Bonham said the state could see an additional $1 billion over the next three fiscal years.

The economists also predicted an 8 percent increase in Hawaii's economy for next fiscal year.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
http://hawaii.gov/dbedt/info/economic/da...ok-economy

"Based on the most recent data and analysis, Hawaii's economy is expected to continue seeing signs of recovery in 2010 and beyond."

I hope this time they save some of it for the next rainy day, instead of having Furlough Fridays.
I was looking at the real estate sales and it looks like prices are edging up slightly, as well as # of sales.

It looks now historically like Q3/08 and Q1/09 were the current low spots for # of sales, and Q3/09 was the lowest average pricing (although Q1/10 is looking like the lowest median pricing).

Could just be the dead cat bounce or it could be a slight recovery - wont know till after it happens as my crystal ball is cracked and dusty.
so what is the "State" doing that is increasing productivity? you can only increase wealth with increase in production. just to end furlough fridays they had to raid the hurricane fund and secure a line of credit with "local banks". this is laughable. The debt is just piling on. and then just wait when a hurricane does hit. i can hear the morons now, "atleast everyone is back to work rebuilding from the hurricane, its good for the economy!"