Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost green parrot - Seaview
Mitzi, Any new news yet on the lost bird. Is it am amazon?
Any groups with cell phone try searching for it yet?

Yes in Hawaii, I think that they can revert back to being like their wild ancestors faster and just start foraging and living well on their own. Lots of them do on Oahu at Black point and Diamond head areas.
Here is also a link that might help.
http://www.greyhaven.bc.ca/guideliinesforgoodcare.html

Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
Lucy

Wow! I have learned so much about parrots from this thread. I've never had a pet bird (except for chickens) so now I know more about how to help them. The latest is that the bird may have been seen with a person who could have found him. His owner is trying to contact the guy now. I am hoping she will join this thread herself so she can answer questions. I just know how it feels to lose an animal friend.
Uluhe Design
Native Landscape Design
uluhedesign@yahoo.com
Great News!!!! Cliche is home today!

Apparently he flew all the way to Black Sands and a fellow out working on his house saw him. As many of you suggested, he thought to put some food out and the parrot flew down and then onto his shoulder. A while later a friend of Cliche's owner saw this guy out with the parrot on his shoulder and recognized the bird, then called to tell her. Eventually the people connected and, after 10 scary days, my friend was reunited with her feathery pal. He was in good health, probably due in no small part to Kalapana's bumper crop of juicy mangoes.

She told me that she has had him for about ten years, and decided not to clip his wings or keep him always in a cage, so that he could have what probably amounts to a better life for a bird. She took him away from the house on a walk, which she rarely ever does, and he flew away from her there - apparently confused, or maybe freaked out by 'Io.

Yaaayyy! It takes a community to find a parrot...
Mahalo to everyone!
Uluhe Design
Native Landscape Design
uluhedesign@yahoo.com
That is such a wonderful story! I never would've guessed that she would have her friend back. I'm hoping she clips his wings from now on so she doesn't have to feel bad like this again.

Proof again that the coconut wireless works!

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Wonderful news!
Mitzi,
That is great to hear!! I was really worried that a hawk would pick it off or that someone else would just keep it.
It sounds like the owner now will be aware of using a harness while outside or a good wing clip.

Lucy

Lucy