Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the right of way?
Is it allowed in HPP to block use of the right-of-way fronting the person's property?

I notice several areas in HPP that the residents place objects on purpose to block people from parking in front of their property.
If the actual roadway is blocked, you should call the HPPOA office at 966-4500 and report it. In the past when the road was partially blocked, they have been known to send someone to speak to the occupants of the property. If it is the easement and not the actual roadway, however, I don't know if they would do anything. You can always ask, though. The protocol in my neighborhood of HPP is to never block the road and to not park in front of others' homes without asking first.
It is just the right-of-way and not the actual road way. So far, I have seen 3 people who put things out on purpose to prevent people from parking within this right-of-way. One makes it so obvious that he/she has put strawberry guava sticks and a sign saying "no parking." That lot is right on Makuu Drive. I was just curious if that was legal or not.