Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Puna Parents out there home school their kids?
I need to know the proccess to take ones' kid from public school into home schooling. I'm moving my family there in less than two weeks.

Because there is what, only one quarter left in this school year? So I'd like to Home School him for the rest of this year only. In the fall I'd put him in one of the many schools in Puna district.

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Hi Beach boy,

We are in the process of selling our house Washington and intend on moving to Puna hopefully by August. I home school in Washington, and intend to continue once we move. With that being said, I have gathered the information necessary in filing an intent. I hope you find it useful.

Here are the requirements for home schooling in Hawaii.

File a notice of intent with the principal of the public school the child would otherwise be required to attend before starting to home school (not required annually); notify this same principal within 5 days after ending home school. This is a very simple form.

I have also included the following “rules”

Curriculum must”; be structured and based on educational objectives as well as the needs of the child, be cumulative and sequential, provide a range of up-to-date knowledge and needed skills, and take into account the interests, needs, and abilities of the child".

Maintain a record of the planned curriculum

Administer standardized achievement test of parent’s choice in grades 3, 5, 8, and 10; submit annual report (of child’s progress) to local principal comprised of either: 1) standardized test results, or 2) written evaluation by certified teacher, or 3) written evaluation by parent.

Best Regards,
Heather

Some home schooling too.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
You may be interested in this yahoo egroup:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bigislandhomeschoolers/

Aloha,
Benjamin