Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think? A Realtor or A Buyers Agent
I want to purchase some land in Puna soon. I have some friends that prefer Realtors and other friends tell me to get a buyers agent. What's the difference? I just want to buy land. I read another forum about FSBO. It kinda scared me.
I like the Ainaloa area, HPP and OrchidLand Estates. How is it over there now. Would you recommend Tiki Gardens or Nanawale Estates to your family?
I am a local girl born and raised on the Windward side of Oahu. (still here) So I am so used to the RAIN and everything that comes with it. (the constant floods. Fun when I was a kid, but not anymore) I have a lot of Ohana that live all over the Big Island, But don't know very much about Tiki Gardens or Nanawale Estates. I guess they still think it's like the old days. Is it?? These seem to be the last of cheapest Subs on the BI. Of cousre there is always that big beautiful Lava rock back yard of Kalapana and Royal Gardens for even cheaper yet. No thanks. Smile
Mahalo,
Makalealea

REALTORS are real estate agents who are member of the National Association of REALTORS. There really is not such a thing as "Buyers Agents" here. The brokerage company the real estate agent works for represents you and not the agent, and as long as the brokerage company has listings they can not claim to be "Buyers Agents." With all that said, there are real estate agents who earned the "ABR" (Accredited Buyers Representative) designation and, therefore, know more about buyer representation than the other real estate agents. Fortunately for you, there is a good and reputable "ABR" designated real estate agent on this forum. His name is John Dirgo, he lives in Nanawale Estates and knows most of the Puna subdivisions very well. You can reach him at john@hawaiirealproperty.com. (Yeah, I am an "ABR" too, but the "other" John knows Puna much better than I do.) Smile

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
75-5870 Walua Road, Suite 101
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
(808)327-3185
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Visit your ohana and see the different areas. Interisland airfare is finally reasonable again, may as well take advantage of it while you can!

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Wow, thanks John.S. Rabi. No Buyers agents huh? Ok. Thats easy enough. I'll take your word for it and go with John D. Mahalo for the info.
Hotzcatz, I have been there many times to visit. Your right the airfares are great. But I'm always getting lost up there. (I am very bad with directions) no map book in the world can be easy enough for me. I drive my husband and Cousins nuts. They'd rather stay at Aunty's house than go on a land hunt with me. Some of the places we looked at was right out of the wild, wild, West. Spooky, but fun as heck. We do more laughing than anything else. Thanks for the info. I will be going back again in 2 weeks.
Mahalo again,
Makalealea

We bought a lot and built a home in Ainapua which is the back part of Tiki Gardens. We have paved roads and regular electric and we do have catchment but plenty of rain to fill it. Other people and builders are building homes here and sales seem to be brisk. I think someday this will be one of the nicer subdivisions as we have CCRs. Come see us when you are looking!

[quote]
We bought a lot and built a home in Ainapua which is the back part of Tiki Gardens. We have paved roads and regular electric and we do have catchment but plenty of rain to fill it. Other people and builders are building homes here and sales seem to be brisk. I think someday this will be one of the nicer subdivisions as we have CCRs. Come see us when you are looking!

Mahalos Nancy Fryhover. I appreciate your reply. I have never heard of AinaPua, but will be looking into it right now. I need to contact John Dirgo really soon. Is this Ainapua really far off the Main road? I believe it's Ainaloa Blvd. Paved roads is a major plus for me. How exciting. Been to Fern acres and Orchidland Estates many times to visist Ohana and the roads are just unreal. Couldn't even take a swig of my water while driving up there and making a mess on myself. Smile
Thanks again for the much appreciated information.
Aloha, Makalealea