Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im retired want to live in hawaill
I am 72 retired single from san Francisco, a ,social security income $2k plus other retirement $2k total $4k monthly with cash buy REO $100k ,my credit is in toilet 1 bed /1 bath just basic surviving near the ocean, swimming ,fishing, snookering ,cooking ,lay on the beach and sleep just basic stuff to eat three meal and to grow my own vegetal and raise chicken too if I have some land with house and die and buried there-- my health is average .-- any one help comment ,recommend or how to go by settling in Haw ill I heard big island is cheapest place live -I love tropical weather that is the main reason thank you
You are way ahead of most people here. Look at rentals with property near the highway.
Take the free bus to the beach. Good Luck.
The MLS, www.alohaliving.com will give you some idea of what's available. There are about 50 places listed under 100K right now. Come over here first to get an idea of what they are like, some are livable real homes, others are little more than chicken coops.
It's a fine line between adventure and conservatorship.
It is important to note that this is NOT the Hawaii of vacation brochures. On this fine island of ours, there are 11 of the 13 climate zones recognized throughout the world. Every little community can be vastly different from one a mile away. Issues abound that seem from 1960 to those of us from somewhere else but we are all reminded that we came here because we love it the way it is and should not strive to make it "more like the mainland" or "more like back home". So very many people are disappointed that things are not what they expected when they bought sight unseen. Many have bought a second place, tried to sell the first (some with success, many not). A bad start can ruin a great idea. Please consider coming over and renting for 6 months or more, scout around the island, get a feel for the flavor of the things you value and THEN pick a place to live. This is NOT the island of long sandy beaches but rock coves for the most part. What seems like a short drive is a very long commute come pau hana (end of the work day). We have pushed the envelope with current population with an infrastructure not designed to support us all.

That all said, I hope you make it over to test the waters for six months or a year and make up your mind. Somehow, the right think just might come along!

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"