Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recliners
I need to purchase a new recliner chair for the living room. Does anyone know where you can buy them in the Hilo area? I know of Furniture World....but I don't seem to remember anywhere else. They use to sell them at Sears along time ago....

Any help would be appreciated
Agasa and Yamada furniture both have recliners, Yamada sometimes has good sales too.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Somewhat sadly, I just purchased one online and even with shipping was cheaper than local Sad

Due to be delivered next week.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Thanks Carol. We did go to all 3 and Yamada did have one that was perfect. Pricy but perfect. Plus they have free delivery to HPP. Furnitureland was pricy also but they wanted $85.00 for delivery. So we bought at Yamada. Yamada also had the largest selection to choose from and a lifetime guarantee on the recliner mechanism.

And there is something to be said about sitting in the recliner before you buy it.

Next day delivery also...
quote:
Originally posted by David M

Somewhat sadly, I just purchased one online and even with shipping was cheaper than local Sad

Due to be delivered next week.

David

Ninole Resident

would you please give the on-line source? I am in market for one also.
Thanks much.
hawaiideborah
costco has some pretty good deals on recliners some times? Doesn't sears sell them? Maybe not on the big island sears? hmmm... Just a thought as I am going to be in the market for one myself and heck you know you shouldn't be ashamed to buy one from the mainland because heck, most people even amazon is not shipping to the hawaii and it's always nice to find someone that WILL ship to hawaii.
My LaZ Boy I just threw out (frame broke) was 20 years old, so Sophie thought I was a good candidate for a really good replacement. For the past several weeks I have been researching the world of recliners and have come to be impressed by the Ekornes brands. Not everyone ships to Hawaii at reasonable rates. They are on display and available at Koehnen's in Hilo. A local friend warned that they saved a ton of $$ buying theirs at CS Wo on Oahu. To cut to the chase, what Koehnen said I could have the same chair without taxes or delivery was $500 more than I paid for same chair, a table and shipping from link below:

http://www.vitalityweb.com/

I initially dealt with them via email and once I had the numbers, completed the deal over the phone.

BTW I also dealt openly with Koehnens, even sharing the numbers with them in hopes they'd make an effort to keep my business local - didn't happen Sad

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
quote:
Originally posted by David M

My LaZ Boy I just threw out (frame broke) was 20 years old, so Sophie thought I was a good candidate for a really good replacement. For the past several weeks I have been researching the world of recliners and have come to be impressed by the Ekornes brands. Not everyone ships to Hawaii at reasonable rates. They are on display and available at Koehnen's in Hilo. A local friend warned that they saved a ton of $$ buying theirs at CS Wo on Oahu. To cut to the chase, what Koehnen said I could have the same chair without taxes or delivery was $500 more than I paid for same chair, a table and shipping from link below:

http://www.vitalityweb.com/

I initially dealt with them via email and once I had the numbers, completed the deal over the phone.

BTW I also dealt openly with Koehnens, even sharing the numbers with them in hopes they'd make an effort to keep my business local - didn't happen Sad

David

Ninole Resident

Thanks for the link, David.
I could kick myself. we sold both of our stressless recliners for $200 in our moving sale before coming to Puna because we understood from all kinds of good sources that leather is not a good material to have here in Puna. Now I really miss both the stressless recliners.
Moving sales are the greatest for bargains.
hawaiideborah
Leather is a problem. You will be much happier with upholstery material. Leather mildews quickly.... very quickly.

I got a not so traditional recliner at Kaloko furniture in Kona. Love it.

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"