Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moonstruck Patisserie in Hilo
One thing that I miss the most since moving to the island four years ago is a good French bakery.

But this morning while while walking down Furneaux street in downtown Hilo, I happened to look up and saw a store sign of this store. OMG, their croissants are the best in town.

So happy we have this fine bakery. It will be my Saturday stop after the Farmer's market, and anytime I'm in town.

Sounds great. A good bakery has been a missing aspect of life in East Hawaii.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The Bread Box at Kea'au Market has great bread and great prices for fresh daily baked breads and rolls. Even special prices on day old breads.
Yes, the bread from that place in the Keaau Market is wonderful!!

jon

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
It seems like their loaves are very small though; almost more like rolls. Do they have bigger ones out of sight? I miss O'Keefe's.

BTW, does anyone know what's up with Lanky's in Hilo? It's been closed for a month or so; I'm hoping they're just on vacation or something, it's also a great place.
hmmm, does safeway offer fresh bread in the hilo store? I'm sure that is an option as well...
The Safeway bread is *extremely* fluffy - you can't even spread soft butter onto it without squashing it into nothing - and has soft crust. Awful. IIRC the sourdough is slightly better but I hate sourdough.