Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquitos
Aloha,
At what elevation (or subdivision) do the mosquito swarms, become fewer, or disappear?
Mahalo

only in a high rise are you safe, and you have to be pretty high up. But last I looked there weren't to many high rises in Puna.
What' the matter Lew, you don't like our state bird?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Lower Puna is swarming with mosquitos. I believe all the open water catchment tanks contribute to this. You'll have to get up to at least Mt. View for there to be less of them.

i'm at 1700 feet and don't have many mosquitos

I gotta' tell ya' we didn't have a problem at all last summer. Hawaiian Beaches about 3/4 the way down on Puni Makai North. We are much closer to the ocean then Pahoa and at about 150' above sea level. And, we have a jungle in our back yard. You would think this prime picking. When we were house hunting we stayed in HPP at 26 and Konoli (sp?) and they were all over the place. Our rental didn't have a screened lani and we got bit like crazy...Go figure.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
quote:
I gotta' tell ya' we didn't have a problem at all last summer. Hawaiian Beaches about 3/4 the way down on Puni Makai North. We are much closer to the ocean then Pahoa and at about 150' above sea level. And, we have a jungle in our back yard. You would think this prime picking. When we were house hunting we stayed in HPP at 26 and Konoli (sp?) and they were all over the place. Our rental didn't have a screened lani and we got bit like crazy...Go figure.

I figure it's because of all open catchment tanks in HPP. HB has piped water.