Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bug bites
I've used mayo on the red spots, it calms down right away and prevent the itches from getting worse.

Noel

http://noelmorata.blogspot.com/
Haa haaa!!! Funny YOU, Kani-lehua! [Big Grin]

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

From your general description, sound like it could be an anthias (most likely the bicolor anthias - Psuedanthias bicolor)
youtube link of some swimming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJo6eUQxk44

Yes! that's the one Carey! And to think they said you were just another pretty face!!

BTW Carey, are they rare? Having never seen one before........

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

I've seen some pretty nasty looking love bites, but never ones with blisters. Heard, though, that they can be quite sensitive and have a reddish appearance. While I'm no expert in this area, Royall, I suggest you pay no attention to my comments and rely on those with credible information. [:o)]

luv ya!

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

quote:
Originally posted by DTisme

Spider bites to me feel similar to LFA bites - area gets inflamed and red. A little bite that hurt when it happened, though, could be all kinds of things. Hey - maybe it was a little scorpion sting! A friend was talking about them today - he sees little tan-colored ones on this side of hte island and big ones on Kona side. (and I mean BIG)

That's true, forget about those! I have seen them on the west side, never gotten bitten.

Re that blister beetle, nice to know there's one more thing I haven't had bit me. I've also managed to escape the nettle caterpillar. However, I've had hundreds of spider bites.

Re the ant bites, it turns out there is an ant allergy (I have it). If you have it, your reactions to the LFA get progressively worse. My neighbor has had the same issue with centipedes. His reactions have escalated from mild to serious with repeat bites. If you get sensitized enough, you can get to the point where you go into shock from them, same as with beestings.

lol, so best to not get bitten, I guess.
btw, I am allergic to ants but not to bees; allergies are funny things, very individual.
One time doing stump removal we took a swing at the stump with an axe and a billion ants streamed out of it. I happened to have some Deep Woods Off so I sprayed it on my shoes thinking it might provide mediocre relief. I was wearing shorts, so I would find out soon. Then I stepped into the angry red sea of ants. It was like a moving red carpet. To my surprise none of them would cross the DEET barrier. We finished the job, never once getting an ant past the shoe laces. These were not LFA, so your mileage may vary.