Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outages
Here in Nanawale, I've experienced hours-long electrical outages for the past 2 of 3 nights. Now today, my Hawaiian Tel phone landline has been out for hours (cell phones don't work at my lot) and online, it says it could be until Sunday before it is restored.

What's going on? Is the military conducting sea games again in our waters? It seems like we often get outages, perhaps due to underwater cable problems, when the military conducts such exercises. Remember a year or so ago when Oceanic Time Warner's cable was damaged...I do believe it was a submarine taking part in military exercises that did it but we got no real followup explanation.

Anyone else having this problem?
I don't know what the problem is but our phone was just repaired today after being out for a week. The repair took about 5 minutes once they showed up. We have no cell service in our area either.
Our power has been off/on as well and no phone for most of the day.
When my wife called for a service tech to come out from the telephone company, they told her the 24th was the soonest they could have some one check our lines !!
Was glad when it came back on. We depend on the phone for our businesses.
enjoy.

riverwolf
riverwolf
I thought I heard trees being felled yesterday somewhere near my road. Wonder if lines got damaged. Power out yesterday for about an hour, out again early AM for 2 hours. No problems with landline at my address. I vote for the nasty Albizia tree! They sure are lovely shade trees but deadly to lines, homes, windshields and even lives!
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
Every time the power goes out here in HPP, I say to my husband, "Somebody tripped over the cord again."