Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any explorable lava tubes in HPP?
I've seen some places that looked possible, but since they were not my property I didn't look.
Anyone know of any?
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I have one, but you can be no bigger than a bunny to enter it.
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small...
http://www.hppoa.com/page4.html

Read this. I know someone who went into the cave described. She said it was full of human bones.
Bystander, Thanks for that! What an interesting read.

I also saw this: "... I had a Johnny Appleseed complex in the early 60's when I had more time than anything else, so I got busy and dug up some of the albizzia tree seedlings from the Nanawale Forest Reserve and planted them along Paradise Drive and Makuu. ..."

Hmmmmmmm.
if you didnt know, the worlds longest tube (40+ miles) goes right through HPP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazumura_Cave

some property owners have access to spots that have collapsed
ie
http://www.kilaueacavernsoffire.com/

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
PS. there is a (free) tube up at the 23 mile marker on Hwy11 that you can walk 1-1/2 miles ea way (3 mile round trip).

Ive only gone to the entrance (collapsed area), never in the tube yet as I didnt have a good flashlight at the time, but hear its easy most of the way...
its across from mile marker 23 (exactly at marker, on the makai side of hwy), and in the fern jungle there about 80 yards (this is between two properties that have homes so it doesnt look like there should be something there, but its there)

We have an area on our property that looks like a filled puka (at least that is what the engineer said, he said if I pull all the rocks and cinder out it, it might expose a tube entrance). Anybody have any experience with these?
bananahead, is there a map of it that shows where it goes through HPP? Only map I saw was not very detailed.