Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for Big Islanders going to Maui?
I stayed at the Lahaina Shore nice place ,but parking is up for grabs
close to most every thing you would want.
The Whaler on Koanopoli Beach was the best place I ever stayed at
kitchen and parking under the codominium free.
I visited Maui for 10 Years every Xmas,stayed at all the Holtels ,codos Whaler the best!
Kehei is great location...close to many things ,,,great bargains on the condos. I stayed at Lahaina shores many years ago, but I would prefer to get away from Lahaina, Kanaha beach is exciting,, the Hotels at Wailea are amazing but pricy
South kihei mana kai hotel. Right on Keawekapu beach and Sorento's Restaurant. Close to the great wailea beaches but more affordable. Good mix of locals and tourists at the Restaurant Bar, Five Palms.
Do Haleakala Crater. Paia, Hookipa beach to watch the Windsurfing, if it's windy.
The road to Hana is the #1 activity on Maui. Follow a tour van and stop where they stop. I used to be a tour guide in Hana.
If you go to Hana go to Hamoa beach. You won't be dissapointed.

One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
See your vacation in a virtual tour before you go. A trip to Molokini and travel the back way to Hana to avoid all the traffic. http://3dhawaii.com/install/plugin

https://www.facebook.com/3DHawaii

Have fun[Big Grin]
The road to hana IS the attraction. If you go the back way you'll miss out. Don't be in a hurry to get there. Go with the flow and stop often. Have lunch at Hana Bay. Visit the cultural museum right there too. Then, go out the back way stopping first at Hamoa Beach.(better than seven pools) If you can find Venus pool on they way out It's totally worth it but don't leave anything in your car. Stop in Kula at the Kula lodge. They have a great art gallery.

Kula Lodge had a great lunch menu when i was there last - fresh baked bread for the sandwiches .......... well worth the visit