Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teeniest Tiniest Little Brown Ants?
When I'm dealing with fire ant bites I have a small spray bottle filled with vinegar and I spray this onto the bites. This generally helps the pain/itch.

Cheers

rainyjim
Not much you can do... basically dance around and try to shake them out and off your cloths... I wear really loose fitting cloths ... I was told these ants will ball up together and float down streams. They also like to go and attack the eyes. Tho, I've never had them in my eye but they say they can blind your pets. Dunno how much of this is true.

Edit: After thinking about what you said... The odds are probably in your favor of not coming into contact with LFA on a hike in remote out back. Since LFA are too slow moving to spread very quick (so they say). Also LFA is an ant where the queen does not develop wings. LFA are VERY slow moving and have to crawl to spread. So they depend on humans (us) to move them around. If your hiking in remote area's with no human activity chances are pretty good you won't encounter them. Tho I suspect in the future that might not be the case so enjoy ant free hikes while you can. Hopefully by that time we'll have some sort of robot to kill em or at least better pesticides.
I just brush them off. I had a bad reaction at first but each time I get bit it gets better and better and now I don't even notice when they bite me after a few seconds. I feel an initial burn and then poof it goes away. I hear that's the opposite of what is normal.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
Thanks, that's good news. We have some acreage west that we like to hike on. Glad to know there probably aren't any LFAs there. We were worried more about the hogs (hiking along the hog trails). Never gave any thought to LFAs until a few weeks ago.
Good to know about the vinegar just in case.
Puna: Our roosters crow first