Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Flying Choppers
Hello All,

Last week two DEA choppers came back over the same Fern Forest air space on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday hovering over our place at less than 100 feet. They proceeded up the hill to our next neighbor and did the same thing. I can't think of any good reason for the repeat visits but to harrass people.

As for the tour choppers, it can't be hard to monitor with a GPS devise in each chopper that would record exactly where they went and what altitude they were at. Maybe the the county could enact air
space laws to protect us from low-flyers, spot-check the GPS records, and fine the hell out of them when they go below the permissable altitude. I would think
the visitors could see enough sights at 3,000 feet and anything below should be considered an invasion of privacy and
disturbing the peace. Requiring that flights go out over the ocean would even be
better!

What are our local leaders doing about this? I've heard the FAA is useless. Why isn't there more concern for the people on the ground, our right to privacy and safety?
I'm usually not big on enacting more laws, but these folks are making gobs of money on our misery, not to mention all the fuel they
are burning. Perhaps a class-action law suit will be neccessary if our own local leaders will not stand up on this. Does anyone know if this has already been tried or of any likely attorneys that might go for it?

Have a noisey day! Phil

Geez Phil sorry to hear about this. What a shame. Have you been lurking on the Wrong web sites? Not funny I know. We aren't there yet to give you all a hand with this, but send our best wishes for your success in addressing such intrusions.

Who wants to move to the peace and quite of a paradise forest with the likes of the Oakland Police black copters hovering about as if tracking a serial kidnap/murder suspect?

Go figure guess they just need practice, perhaps Saddle Back Road would be a more appropriate place.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
All I can say is camo, camo, camo, camo