Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over the air TV channel 9 in Orchidland??
Channel 9 has gone off our radar. I tried tweaking the antenna but it's still not there. Anybody else getting channel 9 in the last few days?
It's been off the air for about a week. I emailed the station and they said a repair is necessary to restore the signal, but they're waiting on a part. No estimate as to how long it would take.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Same problem here (HPP). There seems to be a signal, but it's just too weak to get a picture. I've noticed a lot of problems with all over the air channels over the last few months, much more than there used to be.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the update. Wish I was smart enough to email them instead of spending an hour tweaking the antenna.
lots of outages common - pbs will drop out time to time.... my free to air satellite more dependable (even in big rains) - 4 or 5 24 hr news channels from all over the world - in english and commercial free - kind of what cnn was like 25 years ago - using a viewsat platinum light - 297 open channels - lots of em bible thumpers or arabic - but a few gems.... over all worth the effort imho

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/24-Fr...Discussion
I've wanted an FTA rig for some time now, but the shipping on a 2-meter dish makes it impractical -- Hawaii is at the edge of most footprints, so really need the additional gain.
I've had luck finding cheap c band dishes and converting them to ku band - seeing 80/80 signal and quality out here on g-19

the new azboxes will do both over the air and fta in the same box - some models feature hd and dolby etc....... some will stream over your lan as well.

Channel 9, K5 Hilo OTA is back broadcasting as of Monday evening.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves