Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Load Washer/Dryer on Generator
A Kill-A-Watt meter has a Hz setting, You could insert that between the generator and appliance if if doubt.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
I'm kind of a newbie too in the whole washing machine buying category so I need a little bit of help here! I want a nice washer but I also don't want to spend a billion dollars (doesn't everybody?) So I was hoping for a little advice and suggestions about buying a little bit cheaper washer that's still pretty high quality if that makes sense. I found this site http://www.squidoo.com/front-load-vs-top-load-washers and it was good to read some information about each washer. I'm thinking about buying the LG WT5070 but i'm not sure if that's the best washer for the price. Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks guys.
I'm working on a washer/dryer that's powered by forum trolls and spam; my estimate is that the average cable/DSL connection could run at least 5 loads/week.
All the new washers are pieces of ****, buy a speed queen with an agitator and be done with it.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

I'm working on a washer/dryer that's powered by forum trolls and spam; my estimate is that the average cable/DSL connection could run at least 5 loads/week.

There's one powered by cars with too-loud bass and helicopter sound, but somehow the loads still cost $7.25/hour.
my friends bought a brand new washer with all the computorized electronics,ran it on generator and fryed it, the sears tech came out three times then said it's toast cannot fix it, and said do not run these on a generator
It's important to know what type of generator. I have a front loading Bosch. I can run it on a Honda EU1000i if I run it through my UPS that I use as an inverter, although it switches to battery power during the spin cycle because of the load. Hasn't fried it yet.

a good inverter generator of sufficient capacity should work OK although there is the question of whether you bond the neutral to the negative. The hondas are not bonded. I don't know why but the little Honda won't run the Bosch front loader if plugged in directly but it will (sort of) if the UPS is in the middle. Issues of neutral bonding and grounding may be more significant than the generator itself. However make sure that if the generator says "Inverter" on the side that it produces a good approximation of a sine wave. There is nothing to stop a manufacturer from making a square wave inverter-generator. Even the Hondas are not absolute true sine wave output, but they were designed to be close enough to satisfy electronics.
[Big Grin]

Install an off grid or grid assisted PV solar system with a battery bank, and only use the generator to charge the batteries.Magnum Energy and Outback Power have great equipment. You should be able to get 4Kw more or less for around $7500 if you or your friends are just a little handy. If you feed me good food I could help set it up for you. And I mean good food, fish, hamburgers and veggies.

I would not use electricity to dry clothes with a generator to provide the power, use a clothes line.

Another day in paradise. [Wink]

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick