Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back at it....WEED and other thoughts.
[Smile]

I have been sick for a couple of months again, and just the last few days I have actually been feeling better than I have in years. I had to postpone my annual trip to the Big Island 2+ months ago. I was either going to remodel my sisters house in Leilani Estates, or purchase a lot there and build a new one. (As in somebody else was going to build me a house)

Anyway. enough about that for now, I wrote this rant and wanted to share it with my future neighbors, it coantains almost all the reasons I am hell bent to get away from the mainland, besides the weather that is..

My rant for today. I have not smoked weed for over 20 years, but if my cancer comes back all bets are off.

Why is marijuana not legal? Why is marijuana not legal?
It's a natural plant that grows in the dirt.
Do you know what's not natural?
80 year old dudes with hard-ons. That's not natural.
But we got pills for that.
We're dedicating all our medical resources to keeping the old guys erect,
but we're putting people in jail for something that grows in the dirt?

You know we have more prescription drugs now.
Every commercial that comes on TV is a prescription drug ad.
I can't watch TV for four minutes without thinking I have five serious diseases.
Like: "Do you ever wake up tired in the morning?"
Oh my god I have this, write this down. Whatever it is, I have it.
Half the time I don't even know what the commercial is about beyond:
people running in fields or flying kites or swimming in the ocean.
I'm like that is the greatest disease ever. How do you get that?
That disease comes with a hot chick and a puppy.

And now they want the taxpayers to build a new jail in Johnson County, do you know what happens when you build a new jail? They fill it up with drug dealers who sell pot. ****em, don't let them pass the bond issue to build a new bigger jail to lock up people who really are not criminal.

If we haven't won the war on drugs against all the stoned slow pot smokers maybe we ought to find a new war to fight. I know, theives...Bankers and Hedge Fund Managers.

Now if they promised to lock up the banksters that stole our money and crashed our economy, I can go for that! I would build them the biggest damn Jail ever.
[:p][Wink]

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
Mahalo
Rick
hee hee hee

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
No one goes to jail here for smoking weed......

Also, with two states that have legalized it and 20 more states that have it back on the ballot to re-vote on it. Oregon and California will be the next states. Maybe even Hawaii, but usually Hawaii follows oregon so maybe after Oregon, Than Hawaii will! Smile

That being said. Hurry up and come! Paradise is waiting for you too! [:p]

Love it!!! Good luck wuzzerdad, be well! Get to Hawaii and chillax for good health.
islandgirl
quote:
Originally posted by Wuzzerdad
You know we have more prescription drugs now.
Every commercial that comes on TV is a prescription drug ad.

Well, the first step is you might want to stop calling it "weed". Medical marijuana is legal in the state of Hawaii. Won't go into all the complications but a bill just passed to transfer oversight from the Department of Public Safety (which includes the Narcotic Enforcement Division) to the Department of Health. The governor still has to sign the bill but it went through the house and senate almost unanimously (except right at the end when Josh Green threw in a bunch of restrictions).

This is just another example of how screwed up the U.S. medical system is regarding pain management. Doctors have no fear, or even conscience, of giving out prescriptions like movie tickets for synthetic opiates such as oxycontin, darvaset, percoset, etc., all with a huge set of side effects including destroying the liver, gastrointestinal system, cardiopulmonary system, and other internal organs. As medical professionals, they know full well the destructive side effects of these prescription medicines, and yet consider them "beneficial" because they are "legal" plus ensure returning patient business for ever more complex (=expensive) "treatment" and cashing in on pharmaceutical kickbacks. And yet, if the subject of medical marijuana is brought up, they totally freak out, hysterically pointing to how dangerous it is, how it could lead to addiction, how there is no regulation or "quality" control, how they could lose their license. They have turned the hippocratic oath into the hypocrite oath. The result now is the U.S. has the most expensive medical care out of all the industrialized countries and that care is at the bottom for quality and effectiveness. The news this morning points out the U.S. now has a higher infant mortality rate than Egypt, considered a third world country. The U.S. in the 90's used to criticize the Japanese nationalized health care system as just being "mindless pill pushing". Now, here we are, well into the second decade of the 21st century with commercials for legal drugs like Embrel that have death as a side effect. It makes the sad joke of the treatment being worse than the affliction even more sad.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Anyone can get a Medical weed license! Smile Had to throw that in there...

The problem is if your not willing to grow your own, then you'll have to buy it from (who knows who...) there are no medical weed dispensaries on these islands.

Would have been funny as hell if that KFC was turned into a dispensary.

Only funny if you saw this.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-epi...ed-chicken
jWeed is not legal because when prohibition (alcohol) was repealed, the lobbyists convinced Congress that weed oculdn't be taxed and alcohol could easily be taxed. It was a money thing and is a holdover still.

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
quote:
Originally posted by pslamont

jWeed is not legal because when prohibition (alcohol) was repealed, the lobbyists convinced Congress that weed oculdn't be taxed and alcohol could easily be taxed. It was a money thing and is a holdover still.

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

I just want the disease that gives me a new puppy. [:p]

Mahalo
Rick
Mahalo
Rick