Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smells like its gonna snow.
Super quiet in town today, no breeze, air feeing a little heavier than usual, the white sky + a little smoke in the air.

Anyone else relate ?

aloha,
pog
Yes, pog, it's almost eerie...not a hint of breeze, looked like dusk almost all day, reminded of "Mary Poppins" kine weather.[Big Grin]

Still very quiet, the haze is so thick, can barely make out clouds. Reminds me of the other day's eclipse, kind of.

It's a CME.....
Puna: Our roosters crow first
We were at the top of Mauna Kea on Saturday and it WAS snowing up there late in the afternoon.
I can relate. It was the type of sky that left you wondering what was going to happen next....and hoping something would happen soon. It was like an unresolved musical chord -- a seventh chord that never comes to rest on that nice plush major chord at the end of the song but instead just looms over you building up double-strummed tension.

Give me rain, or give me sun, but don't give me an ambiguous sky that doesn't know whether to drench you or kiss your cheek with sunshine.
In Seattle, we called this "The Gray Mantle".

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
Different kind of weather but in California we had "earthquake weather", hot and dry with no breeze in parts of the year when it should not have been so hot or so dry.

In Oct 2006, we were sitting on our lanai, and I told my hubby - "in calif, we would call this earthquake weather..." and 2 mins later we had the big earthquake on the west side.

I know there supposedly is really no correlation between weather and earthquakes but it is a curiosity.
One of the things I going miss about Oahu- I take the late flight out of Hilo land at HNL walk past the post office cross Nimitz and wait for the bus under the H1. It#347; cool and dark and a little spooky. But when I breathe the wondaful crystal clear cat converter filtered air I know I going miss it.