Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road tripping in Baja California
I was not going to respond to the male chauvinism regarding my ex, but then thought it was worthwhile to mention it- because of the culture down there. I dont think that it's any "safer" for men vs women in mexico- or south america for that matter where I lived. Americans are still mostly able to roam around the world with impunity due to the strength of the US govt. I personally couldnt stand seeing the poverty anymore and that also enters into my decison to not want to ever leave the US again. (although I do like europe). I also am horrified at the thought of bringing candy for the kids, as they need actual "food" and not a bunch of sugary crap.
Get the Mexican car insurance for an extra day or two. There are a lot of police and military stops throughout Baja, and it can take a lot if time. You also might want to stay an extra night. Do not let your insurance lapse, no matter what only Mexican insurance works there.
Crossing in Tecate is a lot easier than TJ.
Did any of you notice that the original posting was dated 2010! I am sure Frankie's trip is long over and you are wrangling about the safety of a completely different part of Mexico 3 years later. I wish people would pay attention to posting dates, what is the purpose of responding to an over 3 year old post's questions?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Ah those kosher travel agents will get you every time - kosher in the Baja - funny

Posted - 07/28/2013 : 21:45:20 Show Profile Reply with Quote

There are plenty of places in Mexico that contributes to the fascination and attraction of the country. Baja is a place that is situated on the Southern end of California. This place has spectacular seascapes that have attracted thousands of surfers and sailing enthusiast over the years.

http://www.koshertravelers.com/ Enrich Customers With Amazing Traveling Experience
I not only noticed, i remembered it ... Filled in because better than the gun threads ... Then IT almost became one : 0