Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Drivers
So the speed limits will or will not be enforced with this recent policy change? I don't think the dude was deliberately attempting to kill or maim us. Probably nodding off. What is the story/controversy with speed bumps in HzPP? I read research that those signs that flash your speed like near Leilani are more effective than tickets in slowing drivers down
None of these 'crazy drivers' are going to be affected at all by any signs. There are already numerous safety signs posted all over that they ignore routinely.

We need to fund the division of motor vehicles so they can hire competent staff and perhaps even require a 'real' safety test before handing out Drivers Licenses. Maybe even an IQ test.

Also funding for increased public transportation couldnt hurt either as the current bus system is a joke.

I'd support almost anything to get these people off the road.

P.S. roundabouts, cough, cough, natural selection, cough, cough
So the speed limits will or will not be enforced with this recent policy change?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were 3 bills for establishing the HPP speed limits in the Hawaii Code (for recognition and police enforcement)
1 bill was for for the 4 main entries....Makuu, Paradise, Kaloli and Shower. This bill was not passed with the other 2. It was held back. (unenforceable until it passes 2 readings and receives the mayor's signature)

Bill 82 was for the establishment of 15mph speed limits on HPP unpaved roads. This Bill has passed 2 readings but is currently unenforceable because our 15mph signs do not meet County regulatory requirements. (New signage will have to be purchased).
The second bill that passed both readings is for the establishment of speed limits on HPP paved roads other than the 4 main thoroughfares. It is unclear to me whether ALL these 35 mph speed limit signs meet the county code requirements.
SO 2 THINGS MUST HAPPEN for all 3 speed limits in HPP to become enforceable. They need to be included in Chapter 24 , Hawaii County Code......and the sign on any given road needs to meet county code requirement in order for a police officer to enforce the speed limit on that particular road.
Thanks Reni.
how many skaters, pedestrians/joggers, or bikers have been struck and killed on those 100+ miles of roads in HPP in last 5 years?

Im down there working often and see many /day .... and never seen a squashed one yet.....

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
quote:
Originally posted by bananahead

how many skaters, pedestrians/joggers, or bikers have been struck and killed on those 100+ miles of roads in HPP in last 5 years?

Apply the theory of evolution here: people who move to HPP are smart enough to avoid being hit by cars...?