Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puppy stolen from the humane society
We adopted a pup on Friday last week from the Keaau Humane Soc. and had to wait until it was fixed to pick it up today. A little while ago I got a call from them, apparently last night someone jumped the fence and stole the puppy. I don't know who did it but I want to put it out into the universe that what you did was wrong, not just to our family but to the puppy too. If you don't have the $80 to legally obtain/adopt a dog then clearly you don't have the money to properly take care of an animal! Shame.

I rarely post but I do check up here regularly and know what good people are here. So this truly isn't directed at anyone, I just needed to vent a bit. Thanks Puna peeps for allowing it.
You may want to find out if they also chipped the puppy...& alert area vets to the stolen puppies chip #, if they did chip your pup....

Do hope your able to re-unite with the little one!
He's been seen being carried around Pahoa, actually by a family member but it was before we were told he had been stolen so she just commented to the lady that he looked like the pup we were getting today! We've spent the last 1.5 hr searching Pahoa but we've been behind the lady by about 15 min. Last sighting was her friend asking about the bus schedule so we're probably out of luck. Sad But he was chipped so letting vets around the area know the # is a great idea, thank you.
I'd also keep my eye on Craigslist. It may have been stolen in order to sell it.

Good luck!
I seem to recall (publicly-funded) surveillance cameras in downtown Pahoa...
The surveillance cameras were through Weed & seed, quite a while ago (in video camera years - more than 7 equals.... ;~):
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...90356.html
I'm truly sorry this happened to you, and your family. Sadly this isn't the first time I've heard this story. I'm thinking the Humane Society needs some kind of survailence system.
Thanks all. We are keeping an eye on Craigslist. The puppy was cute and not something that would be used as a hunter so we were thinking it might have been for quick cash too. We're hoping the ppl we talked to today will remember the story and if they see the lady they'll let the humane soc or the police know. Plus we are looking into the possibility of video footage. Who knows if it will lead anywhere but gotta try, right? He may not have even made it home but he was already a part of the family & you don't give up on family. It would be lovely if the person that has him decided to do the right thing & returned him but after the way they got him I guess that's not likely.

Lupie, apparently they do have cameras but it/they didn't do much good. They said that's why they took so long letting me know, they were going over the videos to make sure they knew what happened.

Not the best pic but if anyone happens to see the little dark guy on the left. He's got a bit of white on his chest and a little white on his chin...
http://i39.tinypic.com/2rn7803.jpg