Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
travel time to Hilo?
Anyone online who has been to Hilo today? The road work is supposed to begin this a.m. and I have a 1:30 p.m. appointment in town so I'm wondering how much extra time to allow. I'll be starting from Paradise in HPP. Mahalo!

I am so much more like I am today than I ever was before!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
I didn't need to worry, left half an hour early and arrived half an hour early. Big white trucks with flashing lights and several guys standing around looking bored at each end of the project, nothing else. Only the truck on HPP side on return trip. No delay at all. Have to go again Wednesday, can't wait to see their "progress." Aloha!

I am so much more like I am today than I ever was before!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Thanks for the heads up; I have to catch a plane on Wednesday, and will allow extra time.

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
I went about noon and traffic was slower because they are posting 35 MPH signs in construction area...the entire 2 miles! Hawaii road projects are hilarious. Road signage is confusing. The crew put up 35 speed limit but they failed to cover up the 55 and 45 speed signs. Just kinda funny how backward the work is done here in this state. Not complaining...I have grown to accept it and chuckle.

So, I'm thinking with a 35 speed, that makes that 2 mile section about 1-2 minutes longer drive time...lol. I'm already dreading the dark nights, heavy rains and driving blind on the road under construction. They don't mark things well at all! Just gonna plan my driving in daylight for a long time.

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
I was wondering the same thing, when I went through a little before 4 pm today (Monday) it didn't look like a darn thing had been done. I figure since I have an early appointment Wednesday that's when they really getting going.