Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honolulu.... A Good Breakfast Place!
My wife and I are going to see my brother who we both haven't seen in about 20 years...who will be stopping briefly in Honolulu next week and was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good breakfast place

I like the breakfast buffet at Duke's in Waikiki (lobby floor of the Outrigger). Make a complete pig of yourself for $15.

aloha,
Gene

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
The Duke's buffet is pretty good, and you cant beat the location, right on the beach. There was a place we had breakfast at the last time we were there that was good and cheap, but I cant remember the name...sorry...
Aloha,
Mark

The buffet at The Shorebird on Lewers is great and about $10. It's on the beach too. There's a $1 off coupon in one of the "tourist" books. I forget the name of the book but it's the small book.
Macuu,

Yes , we too love Dukes. Both Outriggers ( Waikiki and Reef ) have great breakfast buffets.

Just try to get to Dukes as early as you can. It is popular.

Not your intention , but if you book a room ( oceanview - oceanfront etc) you will get your breakfast buffet for "free".

There is a Duke "fest" type of thing coming up though, I believe closer to the end of August, but check the dates for that as it may be a bit more crowded than usual.

Greg Henderson

Duke's is nice for the view. I am not a buffett fan as I just don't find mass cooked tepid food is that good. With that being said, Duke's is OK. Especially if you get an ocean front table. If you want something cheap try Moose McGillicuddy's on Lewers. It is a frat boy bar at night but they have a great cheap breakfast!

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
That's the place I was trying to remember, Moose McGillicuddy's. Good and cheap.
Aloha,
Mark

The Pacific BEach Hotel has a wonderful buffet too, almost in a league of it's own!. What seperates the buffet at the Pacific Beach Hotel from others? Simple, for statrters it offers two types of buffet, and American Buffet, and a Japanese buffet. But here is the kicker! The one wall inside the coffee shop/resturant is a two story high aquarium!! You just eat and watch all types of fish inside it and I'm not talking fresh water fish here either. Everything you find in the pacific ocean around Hawaii is in there! It makes for a perfect meal for first timers to the islands.

As fun as DUKE'S may be, to me it's way better during the evening, salad bar, etc. Pacific Beach Hotel Buffet is a way better experience.

Plus there is the eatary called 'Eggs & Things' at the top of Waikiki. This breakfast House always has a line outside of it! That says something about the food! But how can one screw up eggs anyways, right?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
I second eggs n things on the main strip in waikiki at the top,close to the hilton?.....lots of good breakfast specials, omelets and the sauces for the pancakes, you just want to try them all.....my favorite is the combo meal with pancakes....