Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
easement? hawaiian acres
so if i have branches at the road but not on or in the road is this ok? neighbors are complaining. i dont see the problem it's on my property. comments please thanks
What are you talking about?
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
If you are having trespasser issues I would recommend doing everything you need to do to keep your neighbors happy.
Remember, although you have every right to do what you want on your property, they were there before you were, and may be used to things being a certain way. It could be a line of sight issue, it could be a matter of what one person could consider "ugly" or unsightly, or maybe something else entirely, but if you have some reasonable way of making the neighbors happy it is probably a good investment.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
If your tree branches are hanging over the property line. whoever owns the adjacent property has the right to trim them. Not your kuliana.
The first question is why are you putting branches next to the road? If you are composting some trees I do not see any problem unless you are altering the water flow, which is a big problem in the “Acres”.

If you are trying to establish where your property line is, you should keep in mind that the easement for the PUBLIC road is 5 ft from the utility pole toward the property and then 30 ft from the utility pole across the road.
The police have been reluctant to enforce this in the past but are now beginning to understand that they can enforce encroachments into the easement.
Clayton
yeah sorry these two are unrelated topics
yeah ill look into that and measure 30' good to know. thanks
If you live in Hawaii everything is connected, so these may not really be two completely unrelated topics; the neighbors who are unhappy about your easement activities may be your best protection from trespassers, as long as they are on your side, so within reason, keep the neighbors happy.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb