Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metal detector rental
Aloha, anyone know of local equipment rentals that rent metal detectors? I lost a ring in my yard while gardening :/
Mahalo for any leads!

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
Dive shop - maybe
How big is the area? Try go out when it is dark bend down, scan the ground with a flashlight to see if you can pick up the glint of the ring.
Another way is to take a shop vac, put panty hose over nozzle hose and vacuum area, you will pick up rocks, dirt and other items, but there is a chance you will find your ring!
http://theringfinders.com/John.Vodehnal/ He has had good results, you could call him and find out if he is coming to Hilo, if other people have lost items maybe we could chip in and cover the extra cost of his trip here!
Sadly I was making raised beds, so it could be under a foot of soil. And of course I meandered all over a quarter acre pulling weeds, so it's a big area. I found multiple inexpensive, do it yourself videos on the web so I'm going to try the McGyver approach!

I have a small one that I used to find corner stakes. Hand size about 12" long. I don't know now deep it will go but you can try if you want. It would be a hands and knees deal. Call if you want to try it. 982-3273
LARRY T.. Off subject but im having trouble finding my property pins i think it is buried.. Do you still have the detector?