Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASTEROID ALERT
ASTEROID MESSAGE NUMBER 1
ASTEROID WARNING CENTER
630 PM HST WED AUG 15 2007

TO - STATE OF HAWAII

SUBJECT - ASTEROID ADVISORY
A ASTEROID ADVISORY FOR THE STATE OF HAWAII IS IN EFFECT.
AT 0630 PM HST.

THE NASA NEAR EARTH OBJECT TRACKING CENTER HAS DETECTED A ASTEROID APPROACHING THE PLANET EARTH. COMPUTER PROJECTIONS INDICATE THE ASTEROID MAY HIT THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII, OR MAY HIT NEAR THE ISLAND, OR BURN UP IN THE ATMOSPHERE. RESIDENTS ARE ADVISED TO PLACE THE PLYWOOD THEY JUST PURCHASED FOR HURRICANE FLOSSIE ON THEIR ROOFS.

ASTEROIDS CAN BE DANGEROUS, AND THEIR IMPACT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE. EARTHQUAKES, VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS AND TSUNAMIS ARE TO BE EXPECTED, SO IT WILL JUST BE ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE.

ADDITIONAL INFO WILL BE ISSUED IN THE NEXT MESSAGE.

I like your sense of humor. The home improvement stores made a killing this weekend with everyone loading up on stuff to nail down anything that a l00 mph wind could snatch up. Looking forward to the next Asteroid bulletin

I hate 'roids, they make me want to scoot across the carpet.

*astrisk*

Hopefully the upper level wind shear will make the asteroid die down a little before it hits us.

Nice post. =)
Time is an illusion, but a handy one. Without it, we would not be able to hear sounds, and without that ability, we would have no music.
The wind currents coming off our big mountains will deflect the asteroid away. Asteroids never hit the Big Island.

heheheh...... Good one Smile

"How do you know i am mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the cat "or you wouldnt have come here."
Omigod! I just realized that Big Island is NOT volcanic! It's Asteroidal! It was deposited here from space which explains the "splat" like shape! This also explains why I have six fingers on each hand and a third eye!

Oh and beware of the aliens! Laughing my okole off. The levity of it all!!! Thanks!

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Should we stock up on Preparation Aache?

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident