Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sales Tax when you sell property
Wo in die Schweiz wohnen Sie? Ich bin viermals in die Schweiz gefahren, und ich möchte noch ein mal zu gehen. So schön ist die Schweiz! Schweizerdeutsch ist ein bischen schwer zu verstehen, aber the Leute sind gemütlich und hilfen mir. Natürlich dies ist unsinnisch wenn sie wohnen in die Französisch oder Italien Fläche von die Schweiz. LOL.

Prost,
Jerry

Oops, I see your original post says "Bonjour." You must be in the Geneva French speaking region.

Edited by - JerryCarr on 08/23/2007 22:50:25
I seem to remeber that California had a withholding provision when I sold property there.

Aloha,
Rob L
Aloha,
Rob L
I was also a US citizen non-resident.

Aloha,
Rob L
Aloha,
Rob L
OK ... I better understand the point of it.

Thanks for clearing it up...

Eric

How does the saying go? "There are only two sure things in life, death and taxes??"

Hawaii's HARPTA was modeled after the Federal FIRPTA, as is most of Hawaii's tax laws. In fact it makes it easy to file Hawaii tax forms because you can transfer most of the information from the Federal forms.

If you have a big tax gain on the sale of property, you are going to pay taxes one way or another anyway. If you have a loss, the issue is moot since that is one of the exemptions from withholding.

If you have a big tax gain, you didn't pay FIRPTA or HARPTA and don't do an Estimated tax payment, you can be subject to a big penalty for UNDER withholding your tax.

Larry

Larry
yes california also has harpta, witholding tax.