Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pot Copters? Now? Reallly???
Yesterday I saw a friend in Kaimu who told me that the pot copters had been flying over the lava neighborhood for a few days last week. At first he thought it was someone checking for damage from the hurricane but apparently not. Today sounds like they're snooping the skies over Kehena, maybe Seaview? Does anyone else think this poor timing?

With so many residents without power water and sometimes roofs, at the very least they should drop us down some bags of ice. (joke...)

If Puna has gained national attention, the news reports should definitely include this brilliant use of tax dollars during a disaster.
Why would you worry if you didn't have a big grow going?

Seriously, HELCO has been running a couple choppers to examine poles and lines. It looks like they have a couple National Guard helicopters assisting.

It they are going back and forth, then it means power in that area is not far from being restored. Think about it, they have to go back and forth across all the side streets, not just the main ones, since a short circuit down one of those side streets will blow their breaker.

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Second hand rumors have a tendency to get out of hand.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Sure. I'd think that would explain it too. Just, they don't have power lines at all down in Kalapana Gardens, so it left me to wonder.
Tulsi Gabbard called in FEMA, so the first thing they are going to do is chopper windscreen tour. Expect a lot of chopper traffic for a few weeks.

"We come in peace!" - First thing said by missionaries and extraterrestrials
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
It is possible the helicopters are here to help. HELCO, FEMA, State and County officials can all make assessments faster and more accurately by air.

Puna often gets forgotten by government officials. Maybe in the process of flying over in a helicopter for damage assessment an official will notice we could also use a 4 lane highway all the way from Keaau to Pahoa. Who knows what else might come of it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves